Our Top 3 Favourite Healthy Smoothie Recipes!
Whether you’re running late to work and need a quick and easy breakfast, trying to consume your daily recommended fruit & veg intake or simply need an energy boost, smoothies are always a great option!
Not only do smoothies prevent your fruit & veg going to waste, but they can help to improve digestion, aid weight loss, detoxify the body, strengthen your immune system and supply your body with the correct fuel for an instant energy boost!
Knowing what ingredients to put in to your smoothie to reap the health benefits smoothies can offer (and to make sure the ingredients taste well together) is often the toughest part of the smoothie making process! So, to make your life easier, we’re sharing our 3 favourite healthy smoothie recipes below:
1. The Love Smoothie by Hemsley and Hemsley
Believe it or not, we don’t just love this smoothie for it’s sassy pink colour! This vibrant pink colour is a result of the red pigments from the blood orange and red beetroot, which combined with their high Vitamin C are powerful antioxidants and play a role in the body’s detoxification process.
1 small/medium beetroot
3 medium sized blood oranges
1 medium ripe avocado
1tbsp raw honey
Seeds from half a vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla extract
250ml filtered water
1. Scrub the beetroot and slice into quarters or grate if you don’t have a high powered blender.
2. Peel the blood oranges, half crossways and remove any pips.
3. Halve the avocado and scoop out the flesh.
4. Add the beetroots, blood orange flesh, avocado flesh, raw honey, vanilla extract and water to the blender.
5. Pulse a few times and then blend until smooth.
2. Detoxifying Green Smoothie By Madeleine Shaw
Next up is a classic green smoothie by the wonderful Madeleine Shaw! Green smoothies are the quickest most convenient way to get your dose of raw veggies and will provide you with the ultimate energy boost, get your skin glowing and they’re super easy to digest! This smoothie is blended with coconut water so will also keep you nice and hydrated throughout the day.
50g of pineapple (chopped and peeled)
1 peeled kiwi
300ml of coconut water
1 handful of spinach
1/2 tsp of coconut oil
1. Peel and chop the pineapple and kiwi, scoop out
your avocado and pop them into a blender.
2. Add your handful of spinach and coconut oil
3. Add the coconut water, and blend until smooth!
3. Blueberry, Peach and Oat Smoothie By Deliciously Ella
Lastly is the perfect Summer smoothie! This delicious, sweet and refreshing smoothie is made with hemp seeds - an excellent source of essential fatty acids including Omega 3 & 6. Hump seeds are a great source of protein but are much more digestible than meat, eggs, cheese, cows milk or any other high protein food.
2 small peaches
About 100g of frozen blueberries
150ml of almond milk (or any other plant based milk)
2 tablespoons of shelled hemp seeds
1 tablespoon of oats
1 teaspoon of almond butter or tahini
1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
1. Cut the peach flesh of the stone and pop into the blender.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.